Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Down, and nearly Out

You can reach a point that is just on the other side of exhaustion that ultimately leaves you on your back.

Lori and I both reached that place this week. After shooting more than 26 Gigabytes of images (2200 between Center Stage and Jackson/Cowart) on Saturday, I was knocked off my feet all day Sunday. I sweated; I froze. My muscles ached (even my toes hurt) and the room spun a time or two when I got up. After feeling better Monday, I tried to get some work done.

I prepared for EBA's graduation, but shortly before it started, Lori was carted up in an ambulance and whisked away to University Hospital. A tingling feeling came over her, starting in a circle around her head. As it moved down, she felt sleepy. She said it was "a sleep I didn't think I would wake up from." She was driving when it first happened, so she pulled over and let it pass. After reaching her mom's house in Sardis, another wave came over her - this time worse. She could not shake it as her body became more and more numb.

Ambulance was called; EMTs loaded her up and away they went to Augusta. I got a call about all of this just as the EMTs arrived. I met the ambulance at the hospital. Fortunately, after a series of scans, x-rays and blood work, the doctor determined it was due to stress and lack of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment